This is your monthly burst of good news about the Janitor.
Thanks to a recent upgrade sponsored by Cloud9, the Janitor can now accept more users to its Alpha. Hooray!
- If you’re not invited yet, you should receive a “Janitor Invite” email soon, with instructions on how to access your account.
- If you’re invited, but see this error: “SSH workspaces are a premium feature”, please send me your Cloud9 username so I can upgrade you for free, thanks to Cloud9’s new sponsoring (yes, they’re that awesome).
Optimizing the IDE (coming soon)
I’m currently working on adding new project-specific buttons to your Cloud9 IDE interface, allowing you to quickly:
- Update to the latest source code
- Build any changes you’ve made to it
- Run the project and try your changes live
- Send your changes to an automated test server
- Upload a patch to be reviewed by a project owner
… all in a just single click! If you’d like to help, please reach out.
Signing in with GitHub (coming soon)
Enabling GitHub sign-in for the Janitor will have the following advantages:
- It’s a cool and fast way to sign in
- The Janitor can automatically grant access to all your public SSH keys
- It can also register a Janitor key, so you can push to GitHub more easily
Upgraded Docker images (coming soon)
- Upgrade Ubuntu from 14.04 to 16.06
- Latest and fastest versions of Git and Node.js
- VNC sessions will already have an
xtermopen for you
- You will be able to use